Monday 13 October 2008

Monday: Mobile service pick of the week – Visibility Mobile

Finally a search engine that will only give you search results of sites that are optimised for mobile. After years of searching I bumped into the founder (Bena Roberts) in Budapest at the Mobile Marketing Forum and now I’m happy. Even on a big screen like the iPhone or Nokia N95 the browsing experience of normal websites is very clunky and with unreliable speeds on 3G networks it can take forever to download a normal web page. Try searching for a mobile game or ringtone on Google Mobile. Last time I searched for games I ended up on a web page with flash games that don’t work on my mobile and then on a ringtone page on the web where I could input my phone number which then directed me to a WAP-page which was 3 extra steps rather than just giving me a mobile ringtones page.

The most popular web sites accessed from the mobile (BBC, Facebook, Yahoo, etc) all have a mobile optimised version and we think this will be a necessity for at least another 5 years. Visibility Mobile helps people find content and information through mobile optimised websites. It may take a while for the service to take off but when it does it will be huge!

See http://www.visibilitymobile.com for more information

No comments: